- Add to a new aquarium to help ‘kick-start’ the filter, when adding new fish, after a filter clean/water change, or after using a disease treatment.
- Once all of the aquarium gravel, decorations and hardware have been washed and placed in the aquarium, fill your aquarium with tap water.
- Add 5ml per 25 litres of Tap Water Safe to the aquarium.
- Switch on the lights, filter (and if starting a tropical aquarium, a heater set to 22-25oC).
- Once the water is at the right temperature, your aquarium is ready for a few fish.
- The day you add fish to your aquarium, add 5ml of Filter Starter to every 25 litres of aquarium water. Repeat dose after each water change. When adding fish follow the instructions provided by your fish retailer.
- Do not overfeed your new fish. For the first month, only feed once every other day until the filter matures (2-3 granules of food per fish is plenty).